Tzatziki is a refreshingly versatile, classic Greek condiment which can be used as a dip, sauce or salad dressing. Refreshing cucumber is paired with creamy hung curd, made using fresh Sarda Farms Dahi, to make this quick and easy condiment that can be served with just about everything. Tzatziki can be served as a starter with crackers or Pita bread. It can be served as a sauce with Gyros or can be used to dress up salads. For a tangier version, you can squeeze in some lime juice along with the other ingredients.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and grated. (If you can find the green English cucumber do not peel)
- ½- ¾ cup hung curd made using Sarda Farms dahi
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper (or powdered)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Herbs like dill, parsley or mint (as required) for garnish
Squeeze out the excess juice from the cucumbers.Mix it with hung curd, garlic, pepper, salt and some of the herbs.
Place in a serving bowl, drizzle the olive oil all over it and serve garnished with herbs.