Tomato basket salad
A nutritious salad that not only looks pretty but also make for a guilt free, healthy snack. Crunchy and delicious the edible baskets can be put together in minutes and hence are a perfect appetizer or snack to feed a crowd. This is also a fun recipe to involve kids in the kitchen.
Nutritious herbed Paneer made using fresh Cow milk from Sarda Farms enriches the taste of this appetising Tomato basket salad.
- 4-5 medium-small sized tomatoes
- ½ cup herbed paneer freshly made using Sarda Farms milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Sarda Farms dahi, drained (optional)
- ¼ cup sweetcorn, steamed
- ¼ cup Mung sprouts, raw or blanched
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- ¼- ½ teaspoon chilli powder or black pepper powder
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 5-6 mint leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Chop off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and flesh with a spoon to make a cavity.
Cut off a thin slice from the base of the tomato so that the baskets can stand upright.
Mix all other ingredients except mint leaves in a small bowl.
Fill the tomato cavity with about 1- ½ tablespoon of the filling. Fill the cavity completely.
Serve garnished with mint leaves.
Note: For large tomatoes, cut them into two vertically and scoop out the seeds and pulp.Fill the cavities (boats) and serve.