Thandai is the perfect drink to help you beat the heat. The rich and refreshing drink is served at festive occasions like Holi. Nuts, spices and rose petals are added to additive free Sarda Farms milk to make this refreshing summer cooler.
- 4-5 cups Sarda Farms milk
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pinch of saffron
- 2-3 cardamom pods, crushed
- Rose petals and sliced nuts for garnish
To be powdered together
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons dried rose petals (or use rose water)
To be ground into a paste
- 7-8 almonds, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 7-8 cashew nuts, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 6-7 pistachios, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 2 teaspoon melon seeds, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 2-3 teaspoons khus khus (poppy seeds), soaked in warm water for 1 hour
Heat milk in a pan on low flame.
Add sugar, cardamom, saffron and simmer.
Remove skin from almonds and pistachios
Grind together all the ingredients under ‘To be ground into paste’ to a fine paste. Use some water if required.
Dry grind the ingredients under’ to be powdered together’
Add the nut paste and spice powder to the milk and stir.
Simmer for 2-3 minutes and take pan off heat.
Chill and serve garnished with rose petals and sliced nuts