Tandoori whole roasted Cauliflower (Gobhi)
Tandoori cauliflower is the perfect spicy snack/side dish when you need to feed a crowd. Whole cauliflower is marinated with spiced Sarda Farms dahi and ghee, then baked/roasted to make this party stunner, which is sure to lure even cauliflower sceptics.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed, leaves removed and stem trimmed
- 1 cup hung curd made using Sarda Farms dahi
- 2 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon tandoori masala (or use garam masala)
- 2-3 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1-2 teaspoons chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as required
Blanch the cauliflower head in salted boiling water along with some turmeric. (about 2-3 minutes) Blanching cauliflower helps to cut down on the baking time.
Carefully take it out from the water, taking care not to break the florets and drain the water completely.
Mix together the hung curd, all spices, ghee and salt.
Coat the cauliflower all over with the curd mixture. Place it in a oven safe pan. Keep covered for minimum 30 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree C.
Bake till the cauliflower is cooked and turns golden brown on top.About 35-40 minutes. The time will change according to the size of the cauliflower and oven efficiency. Grill the top for 3-4 minutes to char and to get the typical smoky flavour
Serve hot tandoori cauliflower florets on their own or with spicy green chutney.