Sweet Potato Sheera
Sweet Potato Sheera – a quick three ingredient sweet packed with the goodness of Sweet Potatoes, Ghee and jaggery. A warm bowl of this healthy sweet made using antioxidant rich Sarda Farms ghee , in the morning, can give you energy to fuel your day.
- 1 Large sweet potato (Shakarkandi/Ratale), washed
- 3-4 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee
- 3-4 tablespoons Powdered jaggery (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg or Cinnamon powder
- Slivered Pistachios or Almonds for garnish
Steam/pressure cook the sweet potato till it becomes soft (not mushy). About 1 whistle and 10 minutes on SIM if you pressure cook it.
Cool slightly and peel off the skin. Mash or grate the sweet potato. In a non-stick pan heat ghee on medium flame.
Add the sweet potato, mix and sauté for a minute. Add jaggery, nutmeg or cinnamon powder and stir.
Cook till everything blends together. Serve hot garnished with slivered pistachios or almonds.