Sweet potato leek and carrot soup
Fuss free, easy and loaded with nutrients this Sweet potato leek and carrot soup is the prefect mini meal on a busy weekday. Sarda Farms ghee lends its rich and earthy taste to amp up the taste and flavour of this simple soup. Top the soup with seeds of choice or croutons as desired.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cube
- 1 leek stem sliced
- 1-2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1-2 celery stems, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 4-5 parsley sprigs (or any other herb of choice)
- Salt to taste
Heat ghee in a deep pan.
Add the garlic and leeks.
Saute for a few minutes.
Add celery,carrots and sweet potato cubes
Stir and saute.
Add water or stock and cook covered till the vegetables soften.
Blend the cooked vegetables in the jar of a mixer to a smooth or chunky paste as desired.
Return the mixture to the pan.
Season with salt and pepper and add more water or stock as desired.
Serve hot garnished with parsley leaves.