Stuffed chillies make for quick and tasty side dish or snack that is very easy to make. Additive free Sarda Farms dahi adds a nice tang to the stuffed chillies. This recipe uses minimal ingredients but you can add more spices like red chilly powder, garam masala or ginger garlic paste according to your taste.
- 7-8 large plump green chillies (popularly known as bhavnagari cillies)
- ¾ cup coarsely ground besan (gram flour),lightly roasted and cooled
- ½ cup (or as required) Sarda Farms dahi, whisked
- 1-2 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee (or use vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon cumin-coriander (dhaniya-jeera) powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
Add besan, dahi, cumin-coriander powder, salt and sugar to a pan.Add dahi as required to make a thick paste.
Heat on low flame. Stir to avoid the mixture from burning.
Cook till the mixture is roasted well, 1-2 minutes but does not dry out completely.
You can alternatively cook it in a microwave on medium powder for about a minute, stirring in between.
Make a slit in the chillies without cutting it all the way.
Fill the chillies with the besan-dahi mixture.
Heat ghee (or oil) in a pan on low flame.
Carefully place the chillies in the pan, cut side down.
Cook covered till it starts browing.
Turn the chillies and cook till they become soft (but not mushy)