Strawberry banana oats casserole
Strawberry Oats banana casserole makes for a scrumptious breakfast option. Additive free Sarda Farms ghee and milk enhance the taste and nutritional value of this ‘full of goodness casserole’ and hence it also makes for a wholesome after school treat for kids. This is also a great option when you want to use up overripe bananas. The recipe uses barnyard millet flour along with rolled oats making it a gluten free. You can use oats flour or any other flour of your choice.
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
- ½ cup varai/sama ke chawal/barnyard millet flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered cashew nuts or almonds
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon or nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee, melted plus as required for greasing
- ½ cup Sarda Farms milk (or as required)
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas mashed and 1 sliced
- 7-8 strawberries, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered jaggery or brown sugar
Pre heat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
Brush an 8 inch baking pan with ghee.
Mix the oats, flour, cashew nut (or almond) powder, cinnamon (or nutmeg) powder and jaggery in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together melted ghee, egg, mashed banana and milk in another bowl.
Blend it with the dry ingredients till everything is well incorporated. Add 1-2 tablespoons milk if required to make a thick, dropping consistency batter.
Spread the batter in a greased baking dish.
Top with the strawberries and sliced banana.
Bake for about 30 minutes till it turns golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean. (baking time may change depending on the oven efficiency)
Cool slightly, slice and serve.
The texture of the slices will be a bit dense. You can add ½ teaspoon baking powder to the dry ingredients before mixing to get a lighter cake like texture.