Spinach & Corn raita
Packed with nutrients this no-oil, quick side dish makes for a refreshing accompaniment for rotis or rice. Additive free, wholesome dahi from Sarda Farms takes away the slight bitterness typically associated with spinach and peps up the humble raita, which also doubles up as a dip.
- ¾ cup Spinach (palak) puree
- ¼ cup sweet corn kernels, steamed and drained
- 1/3 cup Sarda Farms dahi,drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (ooptional)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Mix together the spinach puree,corn,dahi,garlic and salt .
Chill and serve sprinkled with chilli flakes.
Note : To make spinach puree blanch spinach leaves (with stems) for 1-2 minutes in salted boiling water.Drain the water completely. Do not discard the water. Use it to make soup or stew.
Run the spinach under cold water. Squeeze out the excess water and blend in a mixer to a fine paste.