Spicy Sago Pancakes
Spicy Sago Pancake is a delicious snack usually consumed during religious fasts. This easy, comforting snack makes for an appetizing breakfast or light meal on non-fasting days too. Flavourful Sarda Farms ghee is used to make Spicy Sago Pancakes.
- 1 cup Sago (sabudana/tapioca) pearls (small size)
- 2-3 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee (or as required)
- 2 Medium sized Potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2-3 tablespoons Roasted groundnut powder
- 4-5 Green chillies (or to taste), finely chopped or crushed
- 4-5 Sprigs of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
Rinse the sago pearls with water.
Leave in 1-2 tablespoons of water, cover and keep it for about 1- 1 ½ hours for soaking. Sago pearls will absorb the water and fluff up. Soaking time will depend on the size and quality of sago pearls.
In a mixing bowl, add the sago pearls, grated potatoes, chillies, groundnut powder, salt & coriander leaves. Mix together. If you think the mixture is too dry, sprinkle few drops of water to bring it all together.
Brush a non-stick griddle with some ghee.
Place a portion of the sago mixture on the griddle and pat it with your hands into an even circle about 6-7 inches in diameter.
Make about 4-5 holes on it with a finger.
Drizzle 1-2drops of ghee in each hole.
Cook covered on low-medium flame till the underside turns brown.
Flip over and cook for a minute.
Repeat this with the rest of the mixture.
Serve hot with pickle and /or fresh Sarda Farms dahi