Spicy dahi salad bowl
Spicy dahi salad bowl is a healthy, power bowl that looks trendy but draws its flavours from traditional Indian salad/raita. This is a versatile recipe where you can customise it to adjust to your taste and requirement. Light and creamy Sarda Farms dahi helps to make this a wholesome mini meal. You can also layer the salad in a glass jar instead of a bowl
- 1 beetroot, boiled peeled and sliced (or use raw beetroot)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1-2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 tub Sarda Farms dahi (whey drained)
- ½ cup moong sprouts (blanched or raw)
- 1-2 tablespoon roasted groundnuts, chopped
- ½ tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon chilli,garlic oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- Handful of mint leaves (or any other herb of choice)
- Salt to taste
Place the beetroot, carrot, cucumber and sprouts in a serving bowl leaving some space for dahi.
In a small bowl mis dahi with chopped mint leaves and some salt.
Place the dahi in the bowl.
Sprinkle cumin powder all over the bowl.
Top the salad with groundnuts and sesame seeds.
Drizzle the chilli,garlic oil all over the salad .
To make chilli garlic oil: warm extra virgin olive oil on low heat. Add chopped chillies,garlic. Take oil off heat and let the chilli,garlic sit in the oil for at least 30 minutes. Use as required.