Spicy Carrot Raita
Quick, easy to make, flavourful, healthy this spicy Carrot Raita ticks all the right boxes for a quick-fix side dish.
Carrots are tempered with spices and mixed with wholesome Sarda Farms dahi to make this appetising raita.
- 3 medium carrots, grated coarsely
- ½ - ¾ cup Sarda Farms Dahi, whisked
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 3-4 green chillies, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish, chopped
Heat oil in a pan.
Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter add the cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and hing.
Add the carrots, salt and sugar.
Sauté for 1-2 minutes till the carrots soften. Stir once or twice.
Take it off the heat and cool completely.
Add dahi, mix and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
You can also chill the Carrot Raita for 30 minutes and then serve