Spiced leftover roti
Leftover roti is spiced up and tempered with additive free Sarda Farms ghee to make this tasty snack/breakfast. Spiced roti tastes good on its own but tastes better when served with wholesome Sarda Farms dahi
- 4-5 leftover rotis/chapati (Indian flat bread)
- 2 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 2 tablespoons groundnuts
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Break the rotis into small pieces
Heat ghee in a pan on low flame
Add mustard seeds and once they crackle add cumin seeds
Add groundnuts and fry for few seconds
Add onion and saute till it turns translucent
Add green chillies,turmeric powder,hing and red chilli powder
Stir to mix.
Add salt,sugar and roti.
Stir well to mix.
Cook covered on low flame for 1 minute. If the roti is too dry sprinkle some water and then cook.
Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves