Pumpkin (kaddu) bharit (raita)
Pumpkin (bhopla/kaddu) bharit (raita) is a quick and healthy side dish that goes well with roti or paratha. Steamed red pumpkin is tempered with couple of spices and mixed with wholesome, nutritious Sarda Farms dahi to make this tasty salad
- 1 cup pumpkin (bhopla/kaddu) cubes, steamed
- 4-5 tablespoons Sarda Farms dahi
- 1 tablespoon crushed roasted peanuts
- ½ tablespoon roasted sesame seeds powder
For the tempering
- 2 teaspoon Sarda Farms ghee
- 2 red chillies, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon hing
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
Add pumpkin, crushed peanuts, sesame powder, salt, dahi and sugar to a mixing bowl.
Heat ghee in a small pan on low flame.
Add mustard seeds and once they splutter add the cumin seeds.
Add chillies and hing.
Pour this tempering over the pumkin mixture.
Mix and serve immediately.