Plum & Apple crisp
Crisp or a crumble is a simple, flavourful dessert that can be made in under 30 minutes. Fruits are topped with a mixture of flour, nut, oats, butter, sugar and then baked. This recipe replaces butter with additive free ghee from Sarda Farms which lends a rich, earthy flavour to the crisp. This is a basic recipe, you can adjust the proportion of fruits to topping to your liking.
Plum & Apple crisp recipe
- ¾- 1 cup Quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup Whole wheat flour
- 3-4 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee
- ½ cup Jaggery powder (or brown sugar)
- 2-3 tablespoons Cashew nut powder or almond powder
- 2-3 Apples (any variety), peeled, cored & chopped
- 5-6 Plums, seed removed and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Corn flour
Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C.
Lightly brush a 7 inch baking dish with ghee.
Mix the chopped fruits, corn flour and half of the jaggery powder and spread at the bottom of the baking dish.
In a mixing bowl stir together oats, cashew nut powder, cinnamon powder, ghee & remaining jaggery powder.
Sprinkle and spread this mixture over the fruits to cover it.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes till the fruits are cooked and the top crisps up.
Serve hot on its own or topped with a scoop of ice cream of choice.