Pineapple & boondi raita
Pineapple adds a refreshing zing to good old boondi raita. Simple, quick & refreshing this salad is the perfect side dish or a light snack on a hot summer day. Nutrient rich Sarda Farms dahi enhances the taste and helps to cool down the body.
- 3-4 canned pineapple slices, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup khara (salted) boondi
- ½ cup Sarda Farms dahi, whey removed and whisked
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- Black/rock/table salt to taste
- Few mint leaves for garnish
Save a pinch of cumin and red chilli powder for garnish.
In a bowl whisk together dahi, remaining cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt.
Add the chopped pineapple and boondi.
Mix it and place it in a serving bowl.
Garnish with mint leaves and sprinkle the cumin powder and red chilli powder
Note: This recipe uses canned pineapple slices. Fresh pineapple when mixed with dahi can turn it bitter. If you want to use fresh pineapple, cook the pieces with sugar for about 10 minutes, cool, strain and then use it.