Papd Sabji is a handy curry/side dish to make, especially when you run out of vegetables. The list of ingredients looks long but the preparation is very simple. Additive free Sarda farms dahi is used to make a thick tangy gravy that goes well with roti or paratha.
- 3-4 Urad papad , broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup Sarda Farms dahi,whisked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ -1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- ½ teaspoon methi (fenugreek) seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
In a mixing bowl add the dahi. Whisk it with turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder,cumin and coriander powder.
Heat oil in a pan on low flame.
Add mustard seeds and once they splutter add garlic and onion.
Sauté till the onion turns translucent.
Add hing,fenugreek and fennel seeds.
Add the papad pieces, kasuri methi and stir.
Add some water and cook till the papad just softens.
Add dahi and stir.
Do not boil once dahi is added.
Cook on very low flame for a minute.
Serve garnished with coriander leaves (optional)