Paneer stuffed whole wheat crepes
Paneer stuffed whole wheat crepes is an amazing breakfast treat that can be put together in no time. Fresh, additive free Sarda Farms milk lends a rich taste to the crepes. Start your day off right with these protein-packed, wholesome Paneer stuffed whole wheat crepes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup Sarda Farms milk (or as required)
- ½-3/4 cup crumbled fresh paneer made using Sarda Farms milk (or as required)
- 1-2 tablespoons hung curd made using Sarda Farms dahi (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar (or jaggery)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2-3 tablespoons strawberry crush (or any other fruit crush/compote)
- Fruit of choice to serve with (optional)
Add flour, eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon sugar to the jar of a blender. Blend till everything mixes well and you get a lump free, thin pourable batter (adjust quantity of milk accordingly)
In a mixing bowl add paneer, hung curd if using,remaining vanilla extract and remaining sugar. Mix.
Heat a non-stick flat bottom/crepe pan on low flame.
Pour a ladleful of the crepe batter and swirl the pan to spread it into a thin circle.
Cook till the underside just starts to brown (about 30-40 seconds)
Flip and cook on the other side for 10 seconds.
Place the crepe on a plate.
Place a spoonful or little more paneer filling on one side of the crepe.
Top with ½ teaspoon strawberry crush (optional)
Roll the crepe and tuck in the ends.
Top with more strawberry crush and serve immediately with fruit of choice.
To make paneer from Sarda Farms milk, use the basic herbed Indian cheese (paneer) recipe. Skip adding herbs, salt and chilli flakes.
For a savoury crepe filling option use herbed paneer along with some spinach or corn.