Mushroom tikka masala
This restaurant style Mushroom tikka masala is the perfect side dish to go with rotis or paratha. Mushrooms are marinated in hung curd made using additive free Sarda farms dahi to make this scrumptious curry. The ingredient list seems long winded but these are simple ingredients, easily available in the Indian pantry.
For the mushroom tikka
- 17-18 button mushrooms,quartered or halved
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- ½ cup mixed colored peppers,cut
- 1/3 cup hung curd made using Sarda Farms dahi
- 1-2 teaspoons tandoori masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
For the masala
- 1 large onion, blended to make a paste
- 1-2 tomatoes, blended to make a paste
- 2-3 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½-1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ -1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
Place the mushrooms, onion, colored peppers in a oven safe bowl.
Whisk together all other ingredients under for the mushroom tikka in a bowl.
Mix this with the vegetables and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Grill in the oven (or in a pan on the stove top) till it just starts turning brown (about 20 minutes)
Meanwhile make the masala.
Heat oil in a pan n low flame.
Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle
Add ginger garlic and onion paste.
Saute till the paste turns brown. Stir to avoid burning.
Add tomato paste and cook till it starts leaving oil.Stir few times.
Add salt,garam masala,sugar and mix.
Add the mushroom tikka and mix.
Add 1-2 tablespoons (or more) as desired.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves (optional)