Healthy, simple and flavourful this Mushroom Biryani is the perfect one pot meal for busy weeknights. Additive free Sarda Farms ghee and dahi makes this preparation rich and sinful.
- 8-10 button mushroom, cleaned and quartered
- 1 cup long grain rice, washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2-3 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee
- 2 tablespoons Sarda Farms dahi, whisked
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2-3 green chillies, slit
- 1 teaspoons biryani masala
- 8-10 mint leaves, torn
- Salt to taste
Heat ghee in a pan.
Add onions and sauté till they caramelise.
Once the onions brown take out a small portion for garnish.
Add mushrooms to the pan and sauté.
Add chillies, biryani masala and stir.
Drain water from the rice and add to the pan.
Stir to mix.
Whisk dahi with 2 cups water and add to the pan. (The quantity of water can change depending on the quality of rice)
Add salt, mint leaves and stir.
Cook covered till the rice softens.
Serve immediately with raita of choice.