Mor (buttermilk) Rasam
Buttermilk made using Sarda Farms dahi is flavoured with freshly ground spices to make this lip-smacking Mor Rasam. This South Indian version of Kadhi goes very well with steamed rice.
- ½ cup Sarda Farms dahi
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
For the spice mix:
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoon tuvar dal (split yellow lentils)
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 2-3 teaspoon Sarda Farms ghee (or use oil)
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 2-3 dried red chillies, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
Whisk together dahi with about 1 cup water, salt and turmeric.
Heat pan on low flame and add tuvar dal.
Stir and roast it for 1 minute, then add coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns.
Roast for another minute or till you get the typical aroma.
Cool and powder everything in a blender.
Mix this powder with the buttermilk and pour it in the pan.
Heat the buttermilk mixture on low flame but do not let it boil.
Heat ghee in a small pan.
Add mustard seeds.
Once they carckle add chillies,curry leaves and hing.
Pour this mixture over spiced buttermilk and mix well.