Spicy, nutrient rich, quick this Methi (Fenugreek) Paneer ticks all the right boxes. Fresh paneer made using Sarda Farms milk balances the bitterness of Methi. This tasty side dish can be put together in under 10 minutes and goes well with Roti or Rice.
- 1 small bunch fresh Methi leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 100 grams paneer made using Sarda Farms milk,crumbled
- 2-3 teaspoon Sarda Farms ghee (or use oil)
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 1 small onion,chopped
- 1 tomato,chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves,minced
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1-2 red/green chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
Heat ghee (or oil) in a pan on low flame.
Add mustard seeds and once they crackle add cumin seeds.
Add garlic,ginger,red chillies,hing nadd saute for a few seconds
Add onion and sauté till it becomes translucent
Add tomato and cook till it softens.
Stir in the methi leaves and salt.
Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes till the leaves wilt.
Add paneer and mix. Cook for few seconds more.
Serve hot with roti or rice.