Methi (fenugreek) corn rice
If you are looking for a healthy one-pot meal, Methi (fenugreek) corn rice is just for you. Additive free Sarda Farms ghee adds a rich flavour to this tasty rice. Serve this aromatic rice on its own or with a raita on the side.
- 1 cup rice, soaked in water for 30minutes and drained
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small piece ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee
- 2-3 red chillies, broken
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Heat ghee in a pan on low flame.
Add mustard seeds and once they crackle, add cumin seeds.
Add ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, red chillies, fenugreek leaves and corn
Stir and sauté for a few seconds.
Add rice and stir to mix.
Add about 2 cups of rice (quantity) may depend on the quality of rice)
Add salt and bring it to a boil.
Cook covered till the rice softens.