Makhana (Fox nuts) in spicy milk gravy
Makhana (Fox nuts) in spicy milk gravy makes for a quick, comforting side dish especially when you run out of vegetables. Additive free Sarda Farms ghee and milk make the gravy flavourful. Makhana in spicy milk gravy can be served with roti/rice or makes for a soothing, light meal by itself. You can also use boondi instead of Makhana
- ¾ cup Makhana (Fox nuts)
- 2-3 teaspoons Sarda Farms ghee
- ½ cup Sarda Farms milk
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger and garlic
- ½ teaspoons red chilli powder (or to taste, do not use fresh green chillies)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Roast the Makhana in a pan on low flame till they crisp up.
Take them off heat and cool.
Heat ghee in the pan on low flame and add ginger, garlic.
Stir and sauté for few seconds.
Add turmeric and red chilli powder
Add ½ cup water,salt and bring it to a boil.
Once the water boils add milk, makhana and cook on low heat for another minute.
Serve immediately, garnished with coriander leaves.