Fajeto is a classic Gujrati style Mango flavoured Kadhi. Ripe Mango pulp and some spices are added to a mixture of Dahi and chickpea flour (Besan) to make this flavourful kadhi. Sweet, Tangy, Spicy Fajeto is a refreshing accompaniment for steamed rice. The recipe is quite simple even if the ingredient list looks a bit long winded.
Sarda Farms uses traditional methods to churn fresh cow milk into nutritious, additive-free dahi.
- 1 cup Sarda Farms Dahi
- 1/3 cup ripe Mango pulp
- 1 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2-3 teaspoon crushed green chillies
- 1 tablespoons Chickpea flour (Besan)
- 12-15 curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoons hing (asafoetida)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoons grated jaggery (or as required)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3-4 small red chillies
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
Add 1-1/2 cups water to the Dahi.
Run this together with mango pulp, chickpea flour, salt, jaggery and turmeric powder in a mixer till it blends well.
Heat ghee in a wok on low heat.
Add the mustard seeds.
Once they crackle add the cumin seeds.
Add hing, green chillies, red chillies, ginger and cinnamon stick.
Stir and gradually add the dahi-mango mixture.
Stir and cook on low flame till it thickens. (about 5-6 minutes)
Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.