Leftover rice kheer
Leftover rice is cooked in antibiotic free Sarda Farms milk along with some spices to make this quick rice kheer. The dry fruits and nuts are fried in flavourful Sarda Farm ghee and then added to the kheer to enrich the taste
- 1 ½ cups leftover cooked rice
- 2 -2 ½ cups Sarda Farms milk
- 2-3 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee
- ½ cup sugar (or as required)
- Handful of dry fruits and nuts
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- Pinch of saffron
- Seeds from 2-3 cardamom pods, crushed
Add rice, milk, sugar, saffron, cinnamon, star anise, saffron and cardamom to a pan.
Stir and cook the mixture on low flame till most of the milk evaporates.
In a small pan heat ghee.
Add the nuts and dry fruits and fry for a few seconds.
Add them to the rice mixture and mix.
Serve hot or cold.