The classic Jelly with custard & fruits is served as a classy layered dessert to make these sinfully delicious Jelly-Custard cups. Simple and easy to make, this makes for a stunning party dessert. Use any flavour combination of choice for the custard, jelly and fruits.
Fresh and additive free Sarda farms milk is used to make the tasty vanilla custard.
- 500m (1/2 litre or about 2 ¼ cups) Sarda Farms milk
- 3-4 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 1 packet (100g) vegetarian jelly mix (any flavour of choice like Raspberry,Strawberry, Mango etc)
- 1 cup chopped fruits like apple, banana, pear etc.
- Few cherries for garnish (optional)
Make the jelly according to package instruction.
Divide the prepared jelly in 5-6 glasses/bowls/cups.
Divide the chopped fruits and place in the glasses with jelly.
Keep aside to set. Vegetarian jelly usually takes 45 minutes at room temperature r follow package instructions.
Meanwhile prepare the custard:
Dissolve the custard powder in 3-4 tablespoons of milk.
Heat the rest of the milk with sugar in a saucepan.
Once the milk comes to a boil, stir the custard powder and add to the boiling milk.
Stir continuously to avoid lump formation.
Cook on medium to low flame till the custard thickens.
Take it off the heat and cool completely. Cover the custard while it cools to avoid skin formation on top.
Once the custard cools completely, divide and spoon over the set jelly.
Refrigerate for about 45 minutes to chill.