Instant brown rice & ghee Appam
Instant brown rice & ghee Appam is proof that few simple ingredients can work their magic and rustle up a scrumptious snack in no time.
This recipe uses brown rice flour which is easily available in health stores, you may alternatively use rice flour. Sarda farms ghee, with its natural goodness lends the Appam a rich, earthy flavour.
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ~ ¼ cup Sarda Farms ghee (or as required)
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 2-3 tablespoons liquid jaggery (or jaggery powder or honey)
- ¼ cup Sarda Farms milk or as required to make a thick batter.
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder (or cardamom powder)
Mix the flours, banana, cinnamon, jaggery in a mixing bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon melted ghee to this mixture.
Gradually add the milk as required to make a thick batter.
Stir to blend well and remove any lumps.
Heat a non-stick appam pan and drizzle ghee in the cavities.
Spoon in some batter (about 1 tablespoon) in the cavities.
Cover and cook till it browns at the bottom.
Using a wooden skewer or fork carefully turn each appam over and cook for another minute or two.
Take them out of the pan with the skewer or fork and serve immediately.