Ice apple (tadgola) & basil rose milk
Ice apple (tadgola/ palm fruit) is a nutritious fruit usually available across India during the summers. The soft, juicy, fleshy fruit together with basil seeds (sabja) & rose syrup when added to chilled Sarda Farms milk, makes for a refreshing summer cooler. You can make a similar drink with tender coconut flesh or lychees instead of ice apple.
- 6-7 ice apples (tadgola) peeled and chopped
- 1 ¾ glass Sarda Farms milk, chilled
- 2-3 teaspoons basil seeds (sabja)
- 1-2 tablespoons rose syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
Add basil seeds to 2 large (or 4 small) glasses.
Add some milk and stir.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes till the seeds swell up.
Add remaining milk, rose syrup, sugar and ice apples. Stir
Serve as it is or chill for 30 minutes before serving