Labneh is a Middle Eastern curd cheese which is usually served as a part of a mezze. Creamy hung curd made using Sarda Farms dahi is topped with herbs and olive oil to make this quick, easy and refreshing dip/spread. Spread the delicious herbed Labneh on crusty bread slices for a snack or serve it as a dip with pita chips or crudités. For a variation you can also use crushed walnuts or pine nuts,to top the labneh instead of herbs.
- ¾ - 1 cup hung curd made using Sarda farms dahi
- Handful of chopped fresh herbs like parsley, mint, dill, thyme etc..
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- ½- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes or crushed black pepper (optional)
- ¼ -1/2 teaspoon sea salt crystals or table salt
- 1/4 Extra virgin Olive oil as required
Divide and shape the hung curd in 4-5 balls.
Carefully roll each ball in the chopped herbs.
Place the balls in a serving plate/bowl
Drizzle oilive oil all over the balls.
Top with crushed garlic, chilli flakes and sea salt.
Serve as required.
Labneh can also be served like the usual dips instead of shaping it into balls .Place hung curd in a serving bowl and then top it with herbs,oil,chilli flakes etc.
Herbed labneh can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.