Crunchy, colourful, creamy, fresh, versatile and super easy to make, this Healthy Coleslaw is the perfect recipe to have in your arsenal. This recipe ditches the mayo for healthy and refreshingly creamy Sarda Farms dahi. You can add all or any of the vegetables mentioned in the recipe depending on their availability. Healthy coleslaw also makes for a delicious filling for sandwiches and burgers.
- ½ cup cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- 1-2 onion greens, cut
- 1/3 cup Sarda Farms dahi, whey drained and whisked (quantity as required)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or mustard paste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (or cooking vinegar)
- 1-2 teaspoons lime juice
- (Accordingly) Salt to taste
Add all the vegetables and apple to a mixing bowl.
Mix together the mustard, vinegar, lime juice, pepper and salt with dahi.
Note: You can add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to the dressing if you find it too tart for your taste.