Gluten free carrot and corn pancakes (chilla)
Fresh carrot and corn are mixed in a tangy buttermilk batter to make these appetising Gluten free carrot and corn pancakes (chilla). These nutritious pancakes can be put together in no time and make for a delicious breakfast, mini meal or snack. Fresh Sarda Farms dahi lends a tangy taste to the carrot and corn pancakes. You can use any vegetables of choice.
- 1 large carrot ,peeled and grated
- ¼ cup sweet corn kernels, roughly crushed
- 1/3 cup Sarda Farms dahi, whisked with ¼ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger-garlic
- 1-2 red chillies crushed
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons Sarda Farms ghee + as required to cook the pancakes, melted
Add carrot, corn, ginger-garlic, salt, red chillies, besan and 2-3 teaspoons melted ghee to a mixing bowl.
Gradually add whisked dahi (buttermilk) to make a semi-thick batter
Heat a non-stick pan.
Spread a small ladleful of batter on the pan. Drizzle some ghee and cook on both sides till the pancake starts browning.
Serve hot with chutney or pickle of choice