Ghee glazed carrots
Nutritious carrots are enriched with additive free Sarda Farms ghee to make these quick Ghee glazed carrots. Raisins add to the natural sweetness of carrots while the hint of chilli flakes provides a speck of heat. You can also use golden raisins or dried currants instead.
Ghee glazed carrots make for a delicious accompaniment with roasts or can be served as a salad for a quick light meal.
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into about 2 inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons Sarda Farms ghee
- 2-3 tablespoons black raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-3 teaspoons red chilli flakes
- Pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat ghee in a non-stick pan on medium flame.
Toss in the carrots and stir.
Sprinkle salt and cinnamon or nutmeg and stir.
Cook for 3-4 minutes till the carrots are cooked but are still crunchy.
Add the raisins and stir.
Take them out on a serving plate, drizzle honey.
Serve garnished with chilli flakes.