Garlicky green beans with dahi
Fresh green beans sautéed with garlic and combined with the natural good ness of Sarda Farms dahi makes for a hearty side dish or snack. Use fresh, tender beans for best results.
- 250 grams green beans, ends trimmed, strings removed and cut into long pieces
- 4-5 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup Sarda Farms dahi, whey drained and whisked
- 1-2 red/green chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee or use oil
- Few sprigs of herbs like coriander and mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chironji or pine nuts or any other nuts/seeds of choice
- Salt to taste
Heat ghee in a pan on low flame.
Add garlic, chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
Add beans and stir to mix properly.
Cook covered on low heat till the beans just begin to soften but are still crunchy. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water while cooking, if required.
Add salt and stir in dahi.
Take pan off the heat and mix so that dahi coats the beans. Do not cook once dahi is added.
Serve warm or cold garnished with nuts and herbs.