Too hot to cook? We have got you covered with this super easy, no-cook, refreshing snack. The bite sized Cucumber cups are not only pretty but also make for a guilt free healthy snack. Crunchy and delicious the edible cups can be put together in minutes and hence are a perfect appetizer/snack to feed a crowd. This is also a fun recipe to involve kids in the kitchen.
Nutritious Dahi made using fresh Cow milk from Sarda Farms enriches the taste of this appetising snack.
- 2 large English (green) cucumbers
- 5-6 tablespoons hung curd made using Sarda Farms Dahi (see note)
- 2 tablespoons chopped colored capsicum
- 2 garlic cloves grated (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1-2 red chillies finely chopped (or use chilli flakes)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh herbs like dill, mint, coriander or chives for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional)
In a mixing bowl add the hung curd, capsicum, onion, garlic, chillies, salt and mix.
Trim the ends of the cucumber.
Cut them into about 1- 1 ½ inch thick slices crosswise.
Scoop out the seeds from the centre of each slice using a melon baller or a sharp knife or an apple corer, without cutting through to the bottom.
Spoon the dahi mixture into the cucumber cavities as required.
Garnish with herbs of choice and cherry tomato halves.
Serve as it is or chilled.
Note: To completely drain whey from dahi (to make hung curd), tie it in a kitchen towel/muslin cloth placed on a colander for about an hour. If the weather is too hot place this in the refrigerator to avoid it from getting sour.