Prep15 (excluding cooling time) min
Cook15 (excluding cooling time) min
Dahi Sevai (Vermicelli)
Dahi Sevai is a quick and refreshing snack, where Sevai (vermicelli) is tossed with some spices and then topped with fresh, wholesome Sarda Farms dahi. Dahi sevai makes for a scrumptiously soothing snack or light meal.
- ¾ cup roasted Sevai (vermicelli)
- ½ cup Sarda Farms dahi
- 1 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee (or use oil)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 2-3 teaspoons urad dal (split black lentils without skin)
- 2-3 red chillies,broken (or use green chillies)
- 7-8 cashew nuts halved (or use groundnuts)
- Salt to taste
Add all the vegetables and apple to a mixing bowl.
Mix together the mustard, vinegar, lime juice, pepper and salt with dahi.
Note: You can add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to the dressing if you find it too tart for your taste.