Dahi Sev Puri
Chaat has to be one of the most liked street foods in India. Dahi Sev Puri is a popular chaat, which is prepared with a medley of different flavours, textures & tastes. Enjoy this much loved street food at home with this simple recipe. The ingredient list seems long winded but with a little advance preparations this pretty snack can put together quickly. Fresh, wholesome cow milk dahi from Sarda Farms balances the spiciness of the masalas used in this chaat.
- 3/4 cup Sarda Farms dahi, whisked
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- ½ -1 teaspoon rock salt
- 12-15 sev Puris (any flavour)
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- ~ 2 tablespoons chaat masala (or as required)
- ¼ cup green chutney
- ¼ cup date & tamarind chutney
- ~ 2 tablespoons chopped corinader leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of fine sev
In a bowl, add the cumin powder, rock salt and red chilli powder to the dahi and whisk.
Arrange the puris on a serving plate.
Place the potato pieces over them.
Top this with chopped onion and tomato
Drizzle some green chutney and date tamarind chutney over it.
Top this with dahi (as required)
Garnish with coriander leaves, sev & pomegranate seeds.
Finally sprinkle some chaat masala and serve immediately.
You can use cardamom, nutmeg or cinnamon instead of/along with saffron.
You can adjust the ratio of almonds to milk depending on the desired consistency of milk.