Dahi Sabji (curry)
Dahi sabji is a tasty side dish that can be easily made especially when you run out of vegetables. Additive free Sarda Farms dahi is whisked and tempered with some spices in fresh Sarda Farms ghee, to make this flavourful ‘sabji’ that goes well with rice and paratha.
- ½ tub Sarda Farms dahi, whisked
- 2 teaspoons Sarda Farms ghee
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek (methi) seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves for garnish,chopped
- Salt to taste
Add salt to dahi and whisk.
Heat ghee in a small on low flame.
Add mustard seeds and once they splutter, add cumin and fenugreek seeds.
Add turmeric powder and hing.
Add onion, green chillies and saute till the onions soften.
Add garam masala and stir.
Take pan off heat and the add dahi. Stir to mix well. (Do not cook once dahi is added)
Serve garnished with coriander
Note: You can also add chopped tomato to the sabji.
Drain the whey from dahi if you want a thicker sabji