How about a protein rich starter that is easy to make & lip smackingly delicious, for your next get-together? These tangy, subtly spiced Dahi Kebabs perfectly fit the bill. Dahi is the star ingredient of this delicious snack.
Hung curd made from Sarda Farms dahi imparts a rich, creamy- almost cheese like taste and texture to Dahi Kebabs.
- ¾ cup Hung curd made from Sarda Farms Dahi, refrigerated for 2-3 hours
- ¼ cup Chickpea flour (Besan) (or as required)
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed red or green chillies
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-2 tablespoons bread crumbs (preferably multigrain)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated
- Salt to taste
- Handful of herbs like coriander and mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil + more as required to shallow fry the kebabs
In a wok dry roast the chickpea flour on low heat for about 2-3 minutes till you get the typical aroma. Stir to ensure that it does not burn.
Take it off the heat and cool completely.
Mix together the chilled hung curd, roasted flour, chillies, cumin powder, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, 2 teaspoon oil & herbs in a bowl. Adjust the flour quantity (1-2 teaspoons) to make a pliable mixture, which can be shaped into patties. Don’t be tempted to add too much flour or the patties will turn out hard.
Refrigerate this mixture for about 30 minutes.
Make about 6-7 patties from the mixture.
Place the patties in the pan and cook on both sides till golden brown.
Serve immediately with a chutney of your choice.