Chilled Melon soup
The refreshing Melon soup is the perfect antidote for a hot summer day. The quick, no-cook soup takes just 5 minutes to make, is nutritious and looks elegant. Sarda Farms dahi boosts the taste & health quotient of this simple summer starter/ snack/light meal.
- 1 ½ cups melon (kharbooza/cantaloupe) pieces
- 4-5 tablespoons Sarda Farms dahi, whey drained
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli oil
- 1-2 sprigs mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary or any other herb of choice
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon melon seeds
- ½ teaspoon sliced pistachios or almonds
Reserve 1-2 melon pieces for garnish. Or use a melon baller to scoop out1-2 balls from the melon.
Blend together the remaining melon pieces, dahi, ginger, lime zest, honey & salt if suing in the jar of a mixer. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively chill the melon pieces and dahi before blending.
Place the soup in serving bowl.
Drizzle chilli oil.
Top with seeds, pistachios, mint, & rosemary