Chickpea (Chole) chaat salad
For a quick, satisfying snack, build yourself a protein packed Chickpea (chole) salad that tastes like chaat. Sarda Farms dahi adds a refreshing zing to the salad. Use any combination of vegetables or even fruits of your choice. To make the salad look more interesting, layer the ingredients in a glass to serve, instead of mixing everything in a bowl .
- ¾ cup small chickpeas (Chole), boiled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped red and yellow capsicum
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- ½- ¾ cup Sarda Farms dahi
- Handful of coriander and mint leaves, chopped
- ½- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala (or as required)
- ¾ teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder (as required or use chopped green chillies)
- 2 tablespoon date-tamarind chutney
Whisk together dahi, herbs, chaat masala, cumin powder and red chilli powder (save some for sprinkling on top) in a bowl.
Take 2-3 glasses or bowls.
Place some chickpeas at the bottom.
Spread a tablespoon of dahi mixture over the chickpeas and then drizzle some chutney.
Layer this with the capsicum,onion,cucumber.
Spread some more curd and then some more chickpeas. Top again with curd and chutney
Garnish with some capsicum pieces and mint leaves. Sprinkle some red chilli powder if you like.