Chana (gram/chickpeas) Kadhi
Chana kadhi is a tasty side dish made using refreshing Sarda Farms dahi. The protein rich dahi curry makes for a delicious accompaniment for roti or rice. You can use black or green chana (chickpeas) to make chana kadhi.
- 1 cup chana (gram/chickpeas), soaked in water for 7-8 hours
- ¾ cup Sarda Farms dahi
- 1 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½-3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 2 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Pressure cook chana with 1 cup water for 2 whistles and then 15-20 minutes on low heat, till it is soft.
Whisk together dahi with 1 ½ cups water, besan, turmeric powder, red chilli, coriander, cumin powder till it blends well.
Heat ghee in a pan.
Add cumin seeds and once they sizzle add chillies and hing.
Add cooked chana and stir.
Gradually pour the dahi mixture and stir.
Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.