Buttermilk batter bhajji (fritters)
Tangy & spicy, this indulgent Buttermilk batter bhajji is the perfect deep fried drip you need to unwind after a long day with a cup of tea. Sarda Farms dahi helps to make the bhajji light and fluffy.
- ¼ cup besan/chana dal flour (chickpea flour)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/3 cup Sarda Farms dahi, preferably sour
- 1 small onion,chopped
- Handful or coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 green chillie, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required for deep frying
In a bowl whisk dahi with some water.
Add all other ingredients to the bowl except oil.
Mix well to make a thick batter of dropping consistency. Adjust the amount of flour or water as required
Heat oil in a small pan/wok.
Drop small spoonfuls of batter in oil and deep fry till golden brown.
Use a slotted spoon to remove bhajji onto a paper towel.