Beetroot Koshimbir (salad/raita)
Beetroot Koshimbir (salad/raita) is a healthy, refreshing salad/side dish. The goodness of beetroot combined with nutritious Sarda Farms dahi makes this salad a guilt free nourishing snack too. Quick and easy, the recipe can be easily adapted to suit your taste.
- 1 medium sized beetroot, boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 4-5 tablespoons Sarda Farms dahi, whey drained and whisked
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
For the tempering
- 2 teaspoons Sarda Farms ghee
- ¾ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 8-10 curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
Mix together beetroot, onion, dahi, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
Heat ghee in a small pan on low flame
Add mustard seeds and once they splutter add the cumin seeds
Add green chillies, curry leaves and hing.
Take pan off heat and pour the tempering over the beetroot mixture.
Serve as it is or chill for 30 minutes and then serve.