Beetroot & Carrot Kheer
Bright colours make food tempting even for picky eaters. This lovely pink kheer is so delicious that it is hard to believe it is made using vegetables! Beetroot and red carrots are sautéed in flavourful Sarda Farms ghee and then cooked with wholesome Sarda Farms milk to make this delectable dessert.
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 red carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2- 2 ½ cups Sarda Farms milk
- 2-3 tablespoon Sarda Farms ghee
- ½ cup sugar (or as required)
- Handful of mixed nuts and fruits, chopped
- Seeds from 2-3 cardamom pods, crushed (or use nutmeg, cinnamon, saffron etc)
- 1-2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, lightly toasted (for garnish-optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons pistachio flakes
In a non-stick pan heat 1 tablespoon ghee on low flame.
Add the mixed dry fruits and nuts and saute for few seconds.
Take it out on a plate.
Add remaining ghee to the pan and add beetroot and carrot.
Stir so that ghee coats the vegetable pieces.
Add ¾- 1 cup water and cook covered till the vegetables soften.
Cool and blend to a smooth (or chunky) paste.
Return the paste to the pan, add crushed cardamom, sugar and milk.
Cook on low flame till the kheer thickens. Stir so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Take it off the heat and stir in the dry fruits and nuts.
Serve warm or cold garnished with pistachio flakes and sesame seeds